Two Fruits

Friday, April 4, 2008

Just Because I Could

Today:
Distance: 12.0 km
Time: 1 hr 1 min 1 sec
Rate: 5' 05" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 17 degrees, humidity 50%, wind calm
Week: 60.4 km
April: 36.75 km
Year: 1333.75 km

No quite pushed for time but I didn't have much of it to waste. Sometimes these pressures make for a reason to go bit quicker than I would have liked with tomorrow being long run day. Any way, just over an hour was all I had, so a matter of how far. And how far was to determine whether I get to 100 kms for the week after running tomorrow.
A very nice autumn day, sunny with no wind to get out and about at high noon. From work, down near the river, a couple of out and backs, a stop for 7 minutes ( I timed myself ) to stand in the cool water of the river and back in time to start work on time in the afternoon. Eat on the go and any other spare few minutes you can find. I would have loved a coffee mid afternoon but there was no time. By the end of the day, I would have stolen one off CJ ( coffee expert) if there was a hint of a smell in the air.
Canberra marathon runners will be easing down by now for next weekend but I am about to ramp up the kms for the next month or so. Good luck to all of you next Sunday and on Saturday for the shorter distances.
The next two weeks I will be in Vic for a wedding on Saturday, don't know how much running I will get done. Probably won't get a long run done on the Saturday, but I might, it's not me getting married. Maybe the Sunday or probably the Monday.
Where we are going has a great walking track high on the cliffs overlooking the Great Southern Ocean, magnificent scenery, but it can be very cool especially with any wind coming from the south or west. The ocean is very good for recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home