Two Fruits

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cotter - No 136

Today:
Distance: 20 miles = 32.1 km
Time: 3 hrs 4 mins 37 secs
Rate: 5' 45" per km
Altitude gain/loss: 540 metres
Calories: 2580
Weather: sunny, temp 3- 12 degrees, humidity 80%, wind mostly calm
Week: 94.15, Sept: 68.2 km, Year: 3032.9 km

Not a good run by time, in fact probably a Pw compared with a Pb back on 5/6/99 of 2 hrs 24 mins 45 secs when training for the Nowra Ultra, 45 km. That run was part of the Shoalhaven KOM now not held. May be I am now 10 years older, but I don't count getting older as an excuse.
The Cotter 21 is actually 20 miles ( 32 km), a bit changed from days long gone when Canberra runners used the area without the benefit of GPS or other accurate measuring devises.
Nice morning to run with Mick and Nick although they left me eating dust after the turn on to jelly legs track, not to be seen again until the finish. They did see me as they turned on to the 21 track, but growing trees prevented me sighting them.
A light but cool breeze on Bullocks Paddock Road about the only excuse I can find, the water in Vanities flowing over the spill way, may be some snow melt raising the water level. Removed shoes and socks, glad to cross as the legs were getting numb, however it was refreshing.
Terrible run to the finish, sore in both hammies for no good reason. Me thinks a trip to Maria, the massage wonder woman is close to essential very shortly.
Slow run today but good time on feet with a few long runs on the agenda soon.
I missed the sighting but Mick & Nick saw 3 emus near Pierce's settlement. That is rare in this area.

1 Comments:

  • Now if I had run, you could have left me eating your dust!

    I recall the 15 mile as being a tad under 24k (23.9?) on the traditional course that used to go over the suspension bridge at the start.

    By Blogger Ewen, At September 6, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home