Two Fruits

Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 3 on Leave

Today:
Distance: 17.4 km
Time: 95' 19"
Rate: 5' 29" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 30 degrees, humidity 33%, wind Easterly at 15 kmph
Week: 29.0 km, Feb: 17.4 km, Year: 504.1 km

I work for an organisation that operates 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, not that I work all or many of those hours or days. Quite often I work over a weekend, so when I have a week on leave, that makes 9 days of rest. Almost like part long service leave, so today is day 3.
I tried to run easy today, but it didn't work. The first half was Ok, the second half a real struggle. Must have been the effort required over the weekend.
A flat run down to Pine Is and Point Hut, 10 minutes in the water to help the quads recover from the down hill on Saturday. Saw two other rabbits out enjoying the sunshine, both had 4 legs and white tails.
Probably finish up with a nana nap this afternoon, after I try to get 10 push ups done, gotta start somewhere.
Ewen, time to make a beer bet on Liz at Cradle Mtn run. Predicting just to finish is not good enough, she will do that, providing the weather is kind enough on the day and the forecast rain this week doesn't turn the track to mud.

2 Comments:

  • Hope she doesn't read this ;)

    I'll bet two beers that she wins, and runs 10 hours 38 minutes.

    By Blogger Ewen, At February 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

  • Weather will play a big part so you and I get an extra 1 hour on predicted time if rain during this week. I do hope they get a dry run, and a nice cool day. I bet half a day to cover the distance. We will buy her a bottle of wine each for a finish at Lake St Clair. That's the least we can do for all the training required to get there.

    By Blogger Two Fruits, At February 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home