Two Fruits

Sunday, August 8, 2010

12 Foot Track


Today:
Distance: 11.6 km
Time: 63' 10"
Rate: 5' 26" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 11 degrees, humidity 45%, wind northerly at 13 kmph
Week: 11.6 km, August: 84.4 km, Year: 2934.05 km

Just read Jog's blog, short , easy & lazy sounds exactly like how tapering for an ultra should be. With a bit of luck, a couple of rainy days this week will remove the urge to run as well and then be true rest days. Last run day will be Thursday, no more than a flat 5 kms.
Played at house keeping duties this morning doing those small odd jobs that get left in a runner's house.
Mid afternoon while the sun was still shining with an little bit of warmth, I headed out. Nothing fancy or fast. Plenty of cars on the road and a few people out walking their dogs.
Feeling fresh, the first part was quicker than planned, so slowed down, and walked in a couple of places. Need to be able to walk at a reasonable pace.
I will use the same run plan as I used at Caboolture last year where I did 95 kms in 12 hours and that was the first half of a 24 hour event. Fell apart with sore knee due to ITB problem after that, but was just one of those things that happen during ultras. I know my weaknesses, just need to manage them properly.
I have just read the thread on Coolrunning about this year's 12 Foot Track. It's the Six Foot Track course done out to Jenolan Caves & back to Explorers Tree. The image is taken from Coolrunning thread, I would acknowledge who made if I knew. But thanks anyway.
Great ultra runner Spud, aka Phil Murphy did 12 foot track on Saturday ( 7th August) in 11 hours 39 mins ( 1st half in 5 hrs 5 mins). A very good effort in anyone's language.
THEN, backed up to run City to Surf in 68 minutes today ( Sunday). Unbelievable.
And I worry about getting a flatish 100 kms done in 12 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home