Two Fruits

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tapering, It Ain't Easy

Today:
Distance: 12.6 km
Time: 66' 52"
Rate: 5' 18" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 13 degrees, humidity 50%, wind SE at 20 kmph
Week & August: 30.45 km, Year: 2880.1 km

My birthday today, this getting old is no fun, and celebrating is not my scene either.
But I still ran home at lunch time and back to work. Luckily the weather for mid winter was kind, and nice enough to enjoy the outdoors. Tried to run slowly, just couldn't slow down on the way back to work with a bit of down hill and the wind helping.
Working out a race plan is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Trail races are paced by the terrain, 24 hour races are just slow and survive for me. A 100 km run is somewhere in between, not sure on how to approach this one, may be the weather will decide for me.
I will buy new running shoes as a present to myself to wear at Tan 100 km in time to have a few short runs in them. I don't think the trail shoes will be needed around the Botanical Gardens unless I take a short cut.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home