Two Fruits

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Sprinter's Perspective

Today:
Distance: 15.6 km
Time: 81' 07"
Rate: 5' 12" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 17 degrees, humidity 57%, wind North 15 kmph
Week: 45.55 km, Sept: 326.5 km, Year: 3470.35 km

This month's handicap at the Arboretum is a nice gentle run with a hilly finish. Nothing too hard, not a difficult as other courses we run throughout the year.
The organiser for this month is Katie. Now, Katie is a short course handicap runner and a track runner over the shorter distances, up to 3000 metres. And, Katie is damn good.
However, Katie thinks the Arboretum is difficult. That was until I sent her a copy of the training plan for Saturday's leading up to the Deep Space Mountain marathon in November. Whoa !!
I think there may be a chance to convert her to real running, but I don't know. I know she would love the scenery every week, but getting to work on a Monday may be a problem.
Today, nothing special, a run home at lunch time and back again. Another nice day, not as warm as the last couple, but Ok.
Only a couple of nymphs on the beach at P.I. I didn't have time to stop or chat.
Ewen, CJ must be so busy she hasn't had time to tell us what is happening in her world. Lucky to get a response to a silly email. Those young kids are really good on JMC, I guess Mrs Muscles has the series on tape to get more ideas for a Saturday night dinner.
Strewth has gone cold as well since going back to work.

3 Comments:

  • She'd be doing well to match those kids.

    I think Katie's a rusted-on track runner. How about a short handicap on a point-to-point course that's gradually downhill?

    By Blogger Ewen, At September 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

  • I'll second that. Hills are for goats.

    By Blogger speedygeoff, At September 23, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

  • I think I agree. I think there are different kinds of (hard) running for different kinds of (tough) runners. Essentially it's each to their own and only those who are doing "the same" can judge how hard/tough it is for others. Whatever distance and terrain we each choose, surely it is just meant to be about fun and self challenge.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At September 23, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home