Two Fruits

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Absolute Shocker

Today:
Distance: 13.0 km ( approx)
Time: 80' 26"
Rate: 6' 11" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 17 degrees, humidity 50%, wind NE 20 kmph
Week: 72.8 km, Oct: 106.05 km
Year: 3649.9 km in 40 weeks at ave 91.2 km

It all fell apart today on a really nice sunny day. Conditions could not have been better, but I felt lousy all day. No excuses I can think of, may be just tired and need a good night's sleep and a rest day.
The distance is a educated guess, the time is right due to the stop watch part of the Garmin working. I ran out to the Kookaburra gate and back. On the track well away from water was a small turtle, long neck that was pulled in as I got closer.
I hope it found somewhere safe to go, it was gone as I returned.
Softshoe has very kindly lent me his old Garmin 201 to use until I buy a new GPS. I have looked around and it seems the only GPS worth buying is the Garmin 310. I don't need the heart rate monitor, I have had one for 10 years and don't use it.
Most of the GPS models have too short a battery life, at least the 310 will last close to 20 hours. Always these techno gadgets fail just prior to a major event, Spiny Cray in a week's time. It hasn't stopped raining in FNQ for 2 weeks, so looks like a wet track with plenty of creek crossings and wet feet, again. So much for the dry season.
Calwell oval looked a picture last week when I ran half a lap in lane 5. Lane 6 just needs a friend. Image of Calwell oval courtesy of Ewen from a couple of years ago. I like this picture.

2 Comments:

  • I made it down there this afternoon - just myself and a mum and dad with young daughter flying a kite. It's in good nick - greener than that picture and the grass is nice and short.

    You might pick up a 2nd hand 310XT on eBay. I tend to run the same courses (if not with the group). You can measure courses using Google Earth.

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

  • I got my 310XT from these guys: http://www.firstendurance.com.au/index.html. Delivery only took 2 days.

    Hope you've run through the tired, yucky patch and have a nice w'end of it on the trails this w'end.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At October 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home