Two Fruits

Friday, September 24, 2010

Attacked

Today:
Distance: 11.1 km
Time: 64' 40"
Rate: 5' 49" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 19 degrees, humidity 50%, wind North 15 kmph
Week: 67.0 km, Sept: 369.95 km, Year: 3491.8 km

Not concentrating is the likely answer to " How did that happen". I did a " CJ" in unspectacular fashion on a bit of gravel road leading into Pine Is reserve. Looking after I dusted my self down, examine the body damage, I can't work out how it happened. There was nothing there to trip over, no tiny rocks or a piece of string, nothing. Even the shoe laces were triple knotted.
But, as well as the usual skin off left side, knee, top of leg, shoulder & elbow, a painful rib has had me struggling to get through the afternoon.
It's the usual, it only hurts when you breath in, cough, sneeze etc. I hope a good night's sleep will help or there will be plenty of walking tomorrow up and down the mountain.
A bit later when I resumed trying to run, I was attacked by a magpie near the playground at the northern end of Pine Is reserve. I'll stay away from there for a while as the little bugger was nasty.
The rest of the run was very slow and it showed in the km rate today. It was a really nice day to just amble along, but the breathing was difficult. I would have liked 10 minutes in the water but again too many young nymphs about not wearing much.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a nasty "CJ" - I might put a few bob on her to clean you up in the handicap tomorrow.

    By Blogger Ewen, At September 25, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

  • Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) is one of the few Chinese natural cough remedies that have been scientifically studied. it's something like herb plus honey, and it's sweet, thick and black in color. If you have a cough, look for it! It used to be one of my favourite natural cough remedies.

    if your cough persists, seek professional help such as traditional Chine

    By Blogger Gillion, At October 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home