Two Fruits

Friday, January 7, 2011

Following Slat's Advice

Today:
Distance: 6.4 km
Time: 34' 44"
Rate: 5' 26" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 24 degrees, humidity 50%, wind easterly at 10 kmph
Week: 67.85 km, Jan & Year: 104.1 km

On the cricket show during this last test match, Michael Slater, Simon O'Donnell & the strength & conditioning coach had a session on ice baths & their purpose in recovery.
Nothing new to me, I've been doing similar for years. The only difference is I use the river behind work almost all year round, and the professional sports people use ice baths & a few more scientific aids.
Nothing to write about on the run, a short run to the river and back to work. However, I did spend 20 minutes in the river, a relaxing and I hope some therapeutic benefits.
Whatever, it felt good afterwards, although the real good benefits are less due to the water getting too warm. I will take it's temperature next time I remember.
Should be right now for the long run tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home