Two Fruits

Monday, January 9, 2012

Totally Refreshed

Today:
Distance;   8.45 km
Time:  50' 15"
Rate: 5' 56" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 21 degrees, humidity 33%, wind NW 20 kmph
Week:  8.45 km,  Jan & Year:  159.7 km

On this day last week, the first working day of the week, so it was Tuesday, I felt totally stuffed from 90 kms in 3 days of the long weekend. It took the rest of the week to work out what I had done, other than too many kms. The answer finished up being a combination of too much, not enough rest &/or sleep, eating for recovery, ie protein, & a week of humidity.
Today, although yesterday was run in very humid conditions, seemed to take little out of me, or Softshoe as well. May be we are just getting used to the summer conditions.
I ran short & easy, not wanting a repeat of last week. Stopped at Pine Is for 10 minutes in the river, but didn't really need to do that as the legs felt good.
Finished the lunch break with 40 minutes in the gym at work. A good solid session of the circuit I do adding another apparatus, increasing the weights on a couple of others,  upping the reps in each set, doing 7 circuits up from 6, and increasing the speed of the session.
A great day of exercise, it all felt so much easier than it has been. I took on board some good advise last week, I think this has helped immensely.
It's all about attitude, just be positive all the time. No time now for any negative thoughts, too much to do.
I now need Mrs TF to get back home so I don't have to stuff about in the kitchen. Don't really know my way around there at all. If it goes in a microwave, I'm fine, otherwise, no idea.

2 Comments:

  • Positive thinking works well. You do however need training inside as well as outside - methinks Mrs TF needs to give you some cooking training so you can cook simple healthy food for when you have to flounder around on your own! Salads are easy:)

    By Blogger strewth, At January 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM  

  • You can walk to the club from your place!

    Might try your method for refreshing... I'll run 25k Saturday then the following Saturday my 15k long run will feel easy!

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home