Two Fruits

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Around The Lake, Then Cold Water

Distance:  10.1 km
Time:  52' 29"
Rate: 5' 12" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 13 degrees, humidity 55%, wind calm
Week:  45.95 km,  May:  185.5 km,  Year:  1834.85 km

A big improvement in running today compared with the shocker of yesterday. I kept today flat, short & under control.
Decided to run my least favourite course around Lake Tuggeranong.  I had just started when I met the previously out of sight, out of mind, Kelley going for a run. Stopped for a quick chat before we went in opposite directions.
Another nice day running at midday. As Ewen commented, Mrs Muscles & others can have it to themselves running in the cold of the early morning.
I ran the lake circuit, then headed down to Pine Is for a recovery session in the water. OMG, the water is cold, so cold. I started with 1 minute in the water, 2 minutes out. Then 2 minutes in, 1 minute out.
Then brave enough, stood in the water for 4 minutes deciding that was enough.
The run back to work was slow, the cold water certainly having done what it was intended to do.
Current R4YL magazine, page 56 explains the benefits of cold ice baths on preventing niggles becoming nasty overuse injuries. The cold water of the Murrumbidgee has always been my ice bath. So far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home