Two Fruits

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Double Top Mt Taylor

Today:
Distance: 13.6 km
Time:  87' 04"
Rate:  6' 24" per km
Elevation gain/loss:  435 metres
Weather:  sunny, temp 15 degrees, humidity 45%, wind light SW 10 kmph
Week;  25.3 km,  May:  164.85 km,  Year:  1814.2 km

Long lunch break in Woden today, so I took advantage of the shorter distance to get to the base of Mt Taylor. From Tuggie it's 30 minutes just to get around the lake and up Athllon Dr before the climbing starts. From central Woden it's just 10 minutes to the horse stile behind Chifley/Pearce houses before the hard work starts.
A beautiful autumn day at noon, I headed to the mountain with intention of just going to the top and back to the bus interchange. As I had plenty of time, I continued down towards Sulwood Dr, along the fire trail behind Torrens/Pearce and decided to go to the top a second time up the newest track called the Richmond Fellowship trail. It's a bit zig zag, and nowhere as steep as the old track it replaced that virtually went vertical. Too steep for me ever to run the old track, never made it without walking.
Today I only walked the rocks/steps new the top on the second climb. That is because my short legs can't jump high enough going up to make it.
On top again, plenty of other people also enjoying the day checking out the views. Back down the same as the first trip up to Chifley houses, over to Hindmarsh Dr and back to the start.
The km rate looks a bit average, but it was a very good run for me today. Certainly another strength training run, worked hard on both climbs.
I had to do my gym work in the bus using the bars for my chin ups and the seat for the sit ups. Another good day on the exercise front. All's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home