Two Fruits

Monday, May 14, 2012

Strength Building

Today:
Distance;  11.7 km
Time:   67' 38"
Rate:  5' 48" per km
Weather:  sunny, temp 12 degrees, humidity 45%, wind cool SE 10 kmph
Week:  11.7 km,  May: 151.25 km,  Year:  1800.6 km

The next 10 or so weeks I will have to work 5 days each week except for the June long weekend. I haven't worked 5 days in a week for almost 2 months for various reasons, mainly public holidays & my leave.
However, with some consistency for the next 2 weeks before I start my own split shift, I should be able to put a plan together to get somehow ready for Caboolture.
The need for strength both upper & lower body is important for me during my longer ultras I aiming to do at present. This is showing up with Martin's 6 day race in Hungary at present. You can't have one part fatigue before the other. Martin is well drilled in maintaining form over days, and you can get a good perspective from him on this when you run with him, if you can keep up.
Today, I hit the hills & hit the gym. Both have been neglected a bit recently, so I have to rectify that. The hills were behind Bonython, I ran up them hard a couple of times, then eased off.
Back at work, I hit the gym. After a bit of a warm up, I pushed hard. No point doing it half hearted, plus 100 crunches thrown in there as well. A good first up session in 30 minutes. Might be feeling it tomorrow, but I will if I can, do it all again. It's a bit tough, but enjoyable.
Needed a short nana nap out at Fraser during the afternoon, perfect.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home