Two Fruits

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Run Bike Run Gym

Today:
Distance:  7.95 km
Time:  42'  53"
Rate:  5' 24" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 18 degrees, humidity 45%, wind light north 15 kmph
Week:  18.45 km,  Sept:  240.45 km,  Year:  3383.95 km

I rescued the mountain bike from the garage last night, pumped up the tyres ready for my first ride since May.
A cold winter & the dark are not my favourite, so the bike stays put for the winter months.
A mild & daylight start for me at 6:15 this morning as I headed towards work. A strange feeling to be riding again, getting used to the gears and the brakes. It's only 4.5 kms each way to work, so hardly training, but more another means of transport.
It does break up the normal running routine, and it is a bit of fun especially on a nice day.
Uneventful ride to work, so at lunch time with the weather forecast for storms mid afternoon, I rode home for lunch after a short run around the block.
Took the car back to work with another short run before a quick session in the gym. Nothing special, about any of it, hopefully a return to a routine that maintains an injury free spring/summer, the best time to be running.
To me, bike riding doesn't count or is even recorded as part of any training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home