Two Fruits

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sore Hammies

Today:
Purpose: Easy recovery 
Distance:  12.9 km
Time:  72' 33"
Rate:  5' 37" per km
Weather: sun/cloud, temp 16 degrees, humidity 60%, wind NW  18 kmph

Week:  25.55 km,  April:  284.2 km,  Year:  1655.5 km

It started as out as an easy run home, no problems getting there.
But, on the way back, both hammies, the left more than the right one became sore to the point I had to stop, rest, stretch before moving on.
I don't think I have done anything to cause the problem, other than having a bus this morning with an old dud seat that should be replaced.
Almost all buses have new seats, with just a couple of older ones left to be done. I got an old one today. The old seats are not as adjustable as the new ones, and I prefer to sit with the seat leaning slightly forward to take the pressure off the backs of my legs.This way also eases any sciatic pressure.
I will head to the river tomorrow for cold water, then arrange for a massage sometime early next week. This is the time for self preservation, and not the time for pushing on regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home