Two Fruits

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Top of Mt Taylor

Today:
Purpose:  mid week with hills
Distance:  20.05 km
Time:  1 hr 58 mins 51 secs
Rate:  5' 56" per km
Altitude gain/loss:  309 metres
Weather:  sunny, temp 21 degrees, humidity 40%, wind calm

Week:  63.55 km,   May:  148.65 km,  Year:  1898.2 km

Stayed at work today instead of running home at lunch time. This gave me more time to do a full continuous run rather than one broken by a break to eat.
I started from work, ran the bike path on the outside of Lake Tuggeranong, bit boring, and then headed up Athllon Dr to the top of Mt Taylor.
Stopped just before the climb up the mountain to chat to a fellow bus driver out walking his dogs on a nice sunny day.
The zig zag track from the Torrens side is rough again, and slow for me to run.
The rest of the run was good, a solid pace.
I need a few more of these especially to bring the pace down to closer to an hour and fifty minutes for the 20 kms.
Or, once I get my mid week training partner, we can add distance on to make the training run a bit longer.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home