Two Fruits

Thursday, July 31, 2014

July - Where Are We ?

Sunday:

Monthly Handicap:
Where:  Little Black Mountain

Distance:  9.00 km
Time;  59' 27"
Rate:  6' 36"
Group start:  27  ( next time 26 )
Finished:  68th

July:  57.6 km,   Year:  1475.6 km

Caught in the middle of still in holiday mode, winter & trying to get this lingering injury fixed.
Ran without purpose or conviction last Sunday at the monthly handicap & consequently finished 3rd last.
I would have loved to be able to run the course hard, it was a ripper and would have suited me perfectly. May be next year.
Diagnosis of the hip problem should be Ok when I can get to a physio to get checked out. But, with travelling, working & no usable time to get to the physio at the moment, I'll either wait until back from Tassie in 3 weeks, or find someone down there.
Problem will be, anywhere, is finding someone I have confidence in.
One of the reasons I have never had a coach or advisor for my running is lack of confidence in believing they know what they are doing.
While July's km total is very low, it's higher than June & the first step towards a return to serious long distance running. The endurance base needs the remainder of this year before " training" can start.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home