Two Fruits

Sunday, November 30, 2014

November - A Good Month

Running:

Last week:  101.35 km

November:  406.85 kms in 26/30 days at ave 15.65 kms per run

Year:  2307.85 in 11 months at ave 209.8 kms  per month

I wrote after the October monthly handicap, 5 weeks ago, that I felt as though I had turned the corner.
There is no speed in my legs but the endurance base is there and a 4 hour run now feels quite normal.
Lucky there were 5 Saturday's in the month allowing an extra long weekend run. During the week I keep the distance of the running quite short, protecting my almost recovered hip injury.
I can now moved from what I have called base rebuilding to now a return to run training.
Not much will change except to focus on the CBR100 km in March.
So slowly increasing the length of Saturday's long run, upping the distances of the mid week & looking to get some speed back into the legs.
There were 4 over 30 km long runs this month, plus a solid if slow Mt Tennent run early in the month.
Of course, there has to be a maintenance of the recovery process. I won't get far if get injured again.
All good at this stage, looking forward to a nice summer of running.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, a good month. And a good job MCing at the handicap this morning. Jim will be motivated more than ever to turn the tables on Roger next year!

    By Blogger Ewen, At November 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home