Two Fruits

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Week 27, Another Good One

Running - Year So Far

Distance:  2,107.9 kms in 27 weeks at ave  78.07 km ( up from 76.78 km last week )

This week:  111.55 km

Altitude:  40,417 metres in 27 weeks at ave  1,497 metres  ( up from 1,458 metres last week )

This week:  2,511 metres

Another good week considering I had yesterday ( Tues ) as a rest day. No problems, just had too many other things to do. Plus a rest is always good.

Highlight of the week was on Saturday with a long solo run along the Bullen Range. I had previously been along the first half so I knew where to go. A park ranger also had given me an idea of where some of the tracks went. I was confident of not getting lost.
I had thought the first half was difficult, plenty of ups and downs with only a couple of steep parts.
But the second half is really hard. Not expecting to have to walk down some of the slopes sideways & hang on to any small tree I could find.
The morning out measured 40 kms with just over 1600 metres of up hill. In comparison, Mt Tennent for a double trip has the same altitude gain in 28 kms, but this felt even more difficult.

A great training session, will certainly do it again but need company to help ease the pain.
Otherwise, all going well and still on plan.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home