Two Fruits

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Oakey Hill

Today:
Distance: Race-7.5km plus warm up and cool down-4.5km = 12.0km
Time: Race- 32'39"
Rate: 4'20" per km
Course difficulty factor will be 1.08, rate will be about 4'00" per km corrected
Weather: sunny,calm,temp 3-12 degrees,humidity high with early fog patches.

Vets handicap race over Oakey Hill course starting at sub station behind suburb of Lyons. Undulating course heading towards Mt Taylor with 75 metres climb between 2km and 3.5km mark heading out, fast downhill on way back with steady climb in last 1km before fast 500 metres to the finish.
Started in group 39 with some quick runners, couldn't keep pace from the start so had to let them go, however only 3 others starting behind came past me in the run.
It's a course suited to me, I like the ups and downs and handicap running, chasing the early runners, and never catching them. Finished 61st today, mid field out of 100. Solid effort without being good. Take it easy now for couple of weeks to recover properly.
Long term plan for this year hopefully will be Brindabella Classic in Oct, Gosford 12 hour in January, Six Foot Track in March and Glasshouse Mtns 160km in Sept 2008.
That should keep me occupied and either in trouble or out of trouble for a while.
Also heard that Gosford will not be on grass but on Mondo (same as AIS) next year.
Right now, might just have a shower and afternoon siesta.

1 Comments:

  • You looked very cruisy when you went past me. I was pretty happy with my run considering I had run prior to the event and I am not in tip top fitness. It will only get worse from here on!

    By Blogger CJ, At May 28, 2007 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home