Two Fruits

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Calwell Oval on a Sunday Morning

Today:
Total Distance: 12. 1 km
Time: 53' 03"
Rate: 4' 22" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 18 degrees, humidity 45%, wind calm
Week: 12.1 km
April: 89.85 km
Year: 1386.85 km

Over summer the oval is usually deserted on a Sunday morning. But now the soccer players have taken over, it's not really a problem, but the crowd tends to get in the way. I thought I had exclusive rights to lane 5 and Ewen has the same for lane 6. Both lanes are in top condition, just soft enough to provide some cushioning, but hard enough to be able to run comfortably. I gather the condition of Dickson oval is not anywhere near what we have down south.
A warm up then 20 laps in lane 5, changed direction after 10 laps, ran bare feet, really nice on a sunny day. Then after the crowds closed in a few up and down in lane 8 and finally a cool down.
Warm up at 4' 57" pace, 20 laps at 4' 19" pace, bit quicker at 4' 18" and cool down at 4' 28". I would have liked to stay longer and do some more, but others about playing silly games and me don't mix. I did notice that some of them should have been with me on the fitness track rather than just kicking the ball around. But, most of them didn't go very far so I guess being fit is not a requirement to play soccer.
By the way, did I mention I am on holidays for 2 weeks, just in case anyone didn't read a previous story or two.

2 Comments:

  • Have an awesome holiday and try to relax! Enjoy the wedding. Hopefully you'll fit in a few pleasant training runs in a few different locations. I look forward to reading all about it.

    By Blogger strewth, At April 6, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

  • Don't catch anything off the devils.

    I'll make sure they keep lane 5 in top order for your return.

    By Blogger Ewen, At April 7, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home