Two Fruits

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Decision Day

Today:
Distance: 6.0 km
Time: 39' 00"
Rate: 6' 30 " per km
Weather: sunny, cool, temp 10 degrees, humidity 50%, wind southerly at 35 kmph
Week: 51.4 km
Oct: 218.4 km
Year: 3883.8 km

A cold southerly wind blew all day. Ran from work to home for lunch and managed to keep my hat on for 10 metres. Carried it the rest of the way. I had received an email from CJ earlier in the week and she asked a simple question. How was my running after Qld?
Thinking realistically, it's been Ok but there is a lack of commitment at the moment. It's mostly mental, the mind doesn't want to push on with long hard training towards C2K. The opportunity to have a go at this event may not present itself again. But!
So I have decided to give it a miss this year, go back to my original plan and have it as the number one priority for 2009. Mostly I like the training more than the result in any final event. With C2K, the taper and then a long recovery, if post Glasshouse is any indication, will take care of most of summer. The best time of the year to run in this part of Aust.
I can now concentrate on enjoying summer, getting CJ and softshoeshuffle to SFT, maybe a trip to Glasshouse in May for the 80 km, then the Aust 24 hour run at Caboolture in August leading to C2K in Dec 2009.
Ewen can get Strewth to SFT on his training program. The best at " no train, no pain, plenty of gain" until after the run, then, " I can't move, my legs hurt too much" Only lasts a week or so. Then back to normal. So easy to get a PB by an hour.

1 Comments:

  • You can relax now the decision is made. I might see you at Molonglo some Saturdays when Interclub isn't on.

    A pity C2K isn't on in May, then you could take our winter off to recover!

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 23, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home