Two Fruits

Friday, October 17, 2008

No Track and Field This Season

Today:
Distance: 6.3 km
Time: 34' 30"
Rate: 5' 29" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 21 degrees, humidity 36%, NW wind at 18 kmph
Week: 61.65 km
Oct: 154.8 km
Year: 3820.2 km

Today I ran home from work for lunch. Friday is always easy and short especially if the weekend contains a long run. Tomorrow will be short, maybe 10 km due to Sunday being Bull's Head Challenge down hill run of 27 km. Not too difficult I hope, certainly haven't ventured to that distance since Glasshouse.
This season won't see me at the track due to work hours. I don't finish at work until 7 pm. By the time I would get to Bruce, the lights would be out and everyone gone home. I was rostered to assist run the program in Nov, but that won't be possible.
Until a few years ago, the track program didn't start until 7 pm allowing working runners time to get there. The early start certainly allows competitors to get there from work, run their event, then get home at a reasonable hour. The early start makes the distance events, the 5000 and 10,000 metres and the 1 hour run for example, more difficult due to the heat and being also run in fading daylight.
It's a problem that whatever is done, won't suit everyone. Maybe I will be back in 2009/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home