Two Fruits

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Horse on the Course, of course, of course

Today:
Distance: 16.15 km
Time: 97' 00"
Rate: 6' 00" per km
Weather: sun/cloud, temp 21 degrees, humidity 60%, light SE wind at 5 kmph
Week: 25.25 km
March: 266.85 km
Year: 1097.25 km

Normally out running where I go at lunch time to get home, I follow a narrow sandy track between Pine and Point Hut, then up through Gordon to get home. Today, I started to follow this sandy track from the southern end of Pine Is, up the small slope I went to be met by a horse with pilot on board. I usually see snakes, lizards, plenty of kangaroos, a few rabbits, but never a horse.
This is a nature park area where dogs are not permitted, I guess the sign doesn't say horses are not allowed. Nice friendly lady pilot, quiet horse stepped aside while I ran past.
Nothing much else to report, 13 minutes in the cold water on the way back, hopefully helps a bit.
If anyone can remember who sang the song loosely based on my title today, let me know. It's old, out of a musical I think. If you listen to Triple J, I don't think you will have heard it.

3 Comments:

  • A horse is a horse of course, of course and no-one can talk to a horse of course, unless of course the horse of course is the famous 'Mr Ed'! (those words aren't quite right but nearly there)- From the old TV show of the same name!!

    By Blogger strewth, At March 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

  • No chance. That's WAY before my time.

    By Blogger Ewen, At March 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

  • Second verse:
    Go right to the source and ask the horse.
    He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
    He's always on a steady course.
    Talk to Mister Ed.

    I listen to tripJ but was around in the black/white tv days..
    Sue

    By Blogger stevosid, At April 1, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home