Two Fruits

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Pain in The Butt

Today:
Distance: 15.0 km
Time: 81' 05"
Rate: 5' 24" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 23 degrees, humidity 25%, wind calm
Week: 25.7 km
March: 228.6 km
Year: 1059.0 km

I've written before about having a sore left calf muscle and a sore spot under my left heel. More research and a little local knowledge reveals I think I have a sciatic problem. It started on the Tuesday before Six Foot Track, the day after a massage. Somehow I got through SFT although the soreness was there until I got running and warmed up.
Now, the painful foot and calf are now the end result of another problem. Pinched sciatic nerve is really a " pain in the butt". That's where it could start, more likely a hamstring problem, or it could be a back problem. Somewhere there is a problem, one book said it could be leg length difference. Not helped at all by sitting in one spot for a long time. So something else to fix, at least it's while I'm an active recovery rest time. Riding the bike there is not problem at all.
A lot of stretching all day has helped. Running today was easy home for lunch and back again via the river for 12 minutes in the cooling water. Although I'm not sure now about the cool water treatment, one books says " do not ice". Can't win.
Can't imagine an hour run on Thursday night will be any good, so may have to give that a miss. Pity, one of the best nights at the track each year. I do like going around in circles at a constant pace, hopefully passing a few and not being passed by many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home