Two Fruits

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Not There Yet

Today:
Distance: 21.15 km
Time: 2 hrs 15 mins 21 secs
Rate: 6' 24" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 21-25 degrees, humidity 25%, wind calm
Week: 48.3 km
March: 202.9 km
Year: 1033.3 km

This was meant to be easy, a gentle run a week after a long tough run. And the start was easy with a bit of walking every now and then as well as on the hills. The run covered the Wanniassa Hills, Farrer ridge, under Yamba Dr into Isaacs, over to Long Gully Road, another section of the Wanniassa Hills that lead to the back of MacArthur, then some gentle down hill on Isabella Dr to Ashley Dr and back home. Nice day to be out there.
However a few things are not right yet. First, the high jump record was in doubt when I jumped over a small brown snake on Farrer ridge. Second, there is still some residual fatigue as I walked a bit especially nearing home as I had run out of energy. Third, I have a sore left hamstring that is causing calf pain and heel pain. Originally I thought it was plantar fasciitis, but a few of my running and injury prevention books say it is probably linked to tightness in the hamstring. Achilles are fine, underneath the arch is Ok, so it is more likely a referred pain spot.
Slow towards the finish, walked a bit more, but made it home. I think I will still need another week to be back to normal, that's physical normal not mental normal. That's a lost cause.
Afternoon siesta coming up, I need some more rest before tackling the crowds at Skyfire tonight.

1 Comments:

  • I was marginally faster than that on the run with Strewth this morning. I read that TJ still had sore legs on Friday!

    I hope the injuries settle soon. A good time to get over them.

    By Blogger Ewen, At March 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home