Two Fruits

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time Trial Course

Today:
Distance: 17.05 km
Time: 83' 51"
Rate: 4' 55" per km
Altitude gain on TT course: 150 metres
Weather: cloudy, temp 20 degrees, humidity 70%, wind calm
Week: 51.7 km, Oct: 321.05 km, Year: 3651.0 km

Bike time trial course I have now used 3 times as a faster tempo run over 12 kms exactly. I run from work along Athllon Dr to the bottom of Learmonth Dr, flat warm up and cool down of 2.5 kms. The warm up felt Ok so I was hopeful of a good run around the TT course that goes up Drakeford Dr past Kambah Village to Sulwood Dr corner, left towards Kambah Pool Road then down, like that bit, to turn towards Gleneagles just after the Murrumbidgee Golf course.
The final part is a bit of a climb on to the base fire trail on Urambi Hills that finishes back at the bottom of Learmonth Dr. Within 10 metres or so of 12 kms depending on how wide you go around a corner or two.
Ran easy to start up Drakeford Dr on the grass as much as possible. No wind to contend with allowing me to stretch out on the slight down hill towards the golf course. Up and on to the Urambi Hills track, the time was looking good to get under my previous best of 63' 39" for the 12 kms on 26th May. First time on 14th April I ran 65' 01".
May be I am in better shape now as I finished in 60 minutes exactly at 5 minute pace taking over 3 and a half minutes off the May time. Really happy with the run, conditions were good, would have liked some sunshine.
Another coincidence was the warm up run to the start line took 11' 55.53" and the cool down back to work took 11' 55.52", negative split, oh so close.
Easy day tomorrow, short run and a visit to the river, then big one on Saturday morning. Can't wait, should be lots of fun.

I have just read Speedygeoff's blog story today and it reminds me of this week on the bus. A female, No 2 on the favourite's list is a regular traveller but not a runner. I have found out by chatting that another female, No 6 does some lunch time jogging, about 5 kms, and I try to encourage her to get out there every day.
However, No 2 always answers a definite " No " to the question of " are you going for a run today ? "
To my surprise today, she said " I have my gear and will be walking today". Me thinks, she has been listening and learning, so well done to her. A short story I will hear tomorrow, we all started with one small step years ago. Lovely girls, I like them both and the type of people you miss when we change shifts at work every so often. They make your day just a little bit happier.

1 Comments:

  • Vanities the second time 'round would have been beautiful today. A bit warm out there I'm guessing.

    Nice time for the 12k.

    So, you have a list of 'favourites'? I'd have thought the best passengers are those with the correct change!

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home