Two Fruits

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Can Summer Get Any Hotter ?

Today:
Distance: 9.5 km
Time: 53' 48"
Rate: 5' 40" per km
Weather: hot, sunny with cloud increasing, temp 36 degrees, humidity 20%, NW wind at 30 kmph
Week: 55.25 km, Dec: 264.5 km, Year: 4325.95 km

Yesterday I noticed the heat, today although hotter, I loved it. Hot and dry, the wind at least moving the air around.
Problem with my old fashioned GPS today, it must not like the heat. It started, it stopped, it didn't won't to cooperate. It froze after a couple of kms, so I shut it down with the reset and power off buttons hoping to save the something, lost that part. That solved the problem but every time I stopped I saved the data in case I lost the lot. No problems after the run or the downloading to the Garmin Training Centre tonight.
An easy, slow run because of the heat. I drank a bottle of water in the first 30 minutes as I ran across some very dry grassland near the river. Stopped for 15 minutes for a cool down in the river along with many others. Bearly a grain of sand without someone's foot standing on it. The water is just cool enough to be beneficial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home