Two Fruits

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Maroondah Placing & Results

Today:
Distance: 10.45 km
Time: 58' 01"
Rate: 5' 33" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 24 degrees, humidity 35%, wind calm
Week: 69.7 km, Feb: 294.3 km
Year: 781.0 km in 8 weeks at ave 97.6 km per week

I have stated before tapering & recovery mess up your running. Beautiful late summer days at the moment, and trying to rebuild but only getting a few kms done each day. Basically I have managed in 2 weeks what I normally in 1 week, and that includes the race day total. That's life !
Race Director, Brett Saxon has had a a well deserved rest, read the thread on "Coolrunning", and the results have been published for last Sunday's event.
In the 50 km run, 54 runners were on the start line, 3 DNS. This year I finished 13th overall with the lead female just in front of me.
Last time the event was held, in 2008, bushfires last year, event cancelled, I finished 17th out of 32 starters. Much better result for me, very happy to be inside the first half of the field at my age. I think nearly everyone else that ran would have been younger.
Today's run was nothing to get excited about, ran home at lunch time, car back to Pine Is, short jog around, 10 minutes in the water. This seems to be the way to recover for me. Something similar tomorrow, then Molonglo on Saturday morning over a longer distance, but very easy. Look out Strewth, I could talk and run all the way. Monthly handicap on Sunday morning. Starts with a big climb up past the horse paddocks of Curtin.

1 Comments:

  • You're improving! Might see you Sat morning if you run from Molonglo. Don't know what's happened to Michelle - we must have been too slow for her!

    By Blogger Ewen, At February 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home