Two Fruits

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Out & Back to Kookaburra Gate

Today:
Distance: 13.5 km
Time: 76' 02"
Rate: 5' 38" per km
Weather: sunny, warm, temp 31 degrees, humidity 35%, wind NW at 10 kmph
Week: 59.3 km, Feb: 158.05 km
Year: 644.75 km in 6 weeks at ave 107.45 km

The Kookaburra gate is the step through gate about 800 metres from the southern end of Red Rocks Gorge on the once mighty Murrumbidgee River. A long time ago, a kookaburra was on the gate and refused to move as I approached, so I had to go around it while it just watched. Nice aren't I.
I ran from work out and back, out on the lower track near the river and back on a higher that passes by the Tuggeranong archery range. There was no one there today.
But, as I ventured down a grassy, sandy track at Pine Is to get to the river, a 1 metre long red belly black snake decided to move, much to my surprise. A good size, looked in good condition with plenty of forward speed. The only problem with seeing one snake, there must be a partner somewhere !
Nice day, no thunder or lightning like yesterday, no rain either. That is forecast for the weekend, not Saturday morning I hope.
Ewen, hope your 10,000 metres on the track was a good one. I will be at Molonglo on Saturday morning at 7 am. Bring Strewth, I need to know all the local gossip.

2 Comments:

  • The 10k was hard work in the humidity. I can report that there were many heroic efforts including Ewen's.

    By Blogger speedygeoff, At February 11, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

  • Yes, Strewth wasn't impressed when I rung 2 litres of sweat out of my singlet.

    Her job is to disseminate all the hot goss, so she'll be there. I can breath a sigh of relief - I was having nightmares about trying to run with Michelle again.

    By Blogger Ewen, At February 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home