Two Fruits

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You've Got to Lift

Today:
Running: - nil, yet


We were watching Biggest Loser last night when Lisa was there with her achilles in a cast from an overuse strain. I mentioned that she shouldn't have been injured if she had taken the right steps after first feeling some pain. No doubt she continued on, and the injury got worse.
I said to Mrs TF that I don't seem to get injured because I don't push myself to the limits. She said that because I don't train hard enough, that is why I have had some poor results recently in the long ultras. She quoted Glasshouse Mtns 100 mile in 2005, DNF at 127 kms with injury, Glasshouse Mtns 100 mile in 2008, finished walking last 60 kms, too buggered, last year's 24 hour at Caboolture only managed 135 kms, injured ITB.
She said, quoting word's from Shannon Noll " You gotta lift". I said, words from Chrissie Amphlett " There's a fine line between pleasure and pain " and " Only the good die young "
Therefore, I gotta lift, I need a Michelle Bridges type person to kick my backside over the next few months. May be the Commando could help. Need to go from 80% to 90% in training.
If any one manages to get along to a training run with me, be prepared !!

3 Comments:

  • You need CJ's personal trainer. Pay her $80 an hour and she'll kick your backside away from soft training ;)

    By Blogger Ewen, At March 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

  • There's a fine line between pushing yourself to the limit and reaping the benefit, and pushing yourself just over the limit and wrecking what you already had. Sticking to a program which includes a cross trg day or a rest day means you can do quality and quantity on dif days, recover from both, and lift to the next level of fitnes. "More is better" doesn't work if "more" is the same. It works even less if there is no cross training or rest day to properly absord the preceding training.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At March 31, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

  • You are too hard on yourself TF. You are running very well this year - look at your achievements in Vic and 6 foot. Forget 2005 and 2008. Stick to your plan for 2010; you seem on track to me.

    By Blogger nev, At April 1, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home