Two Fruits

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hayley on the Run

Today:
Distance: 15.6 km
Time: 81' 24"
Rate: 5' 13" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 11 degrees, humidity 45%, wind calm
Week: 15.6 km, June: 165.55 km, Year: 2147.1 km

I have never seen or heard of Hayley before, but I was impressed. First, it was cold this morning so I started out late morning, in fact just one second before midday.
Starting out felt really good after yesterday's run as I ran towards Point Hut, along river track to Pine Is. This will be part of next Saturday's big long training run.
Nothing much happening here as I turned to run behind Bonython towards on the gravel track towards Woodcock Dr.
In front I spotted a runner, this is always good as it helps to focus on the run and gives an incentive to chase, even if only for a short while.
Luckily I was going Ok, and soon caught up with Hayley who was going very well. The Hayley story goes like this.
Training for her first marathon, Gold Coast in July. She ran the local half marathon in May in 1 hr 44 mins and looked really good as we ran together for a km at 5 min pace. She had been out running for nearly 3 hours and was almost finished. Didn't look like it to me, and I expect a better result than the 4 hours at GC she hopes to run.
Ewen & Jog, I did the calculations on my likes & dislikes of distances, but don't know how to publish the results. So, the short version is off road ultras win just over off road marathons with hills, but the surprise is the really short races, 200-1500 metres are close behind. Anything road didn't even score.
Well done to the local girls at the 100 km Gold Coast ultra, makes me want to get out there and just go, but not on the road.

1 Comments:

  • Remind me not to race you between 200 and 1500 or at 100k.

    I think Jog did a 'screen capture' using a paint program. Then crop it and save as a jpeg.

    By Blogger Ewen, At June 14, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home