Two Fruits

Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Wrong Impression

Today:
Distance: 10.35 km
Time: 55' 08"
Rate: 5' 19" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 17 degrees, humidity 50%, wind North 5 kmph
Week: 55.9 km, Sept: 336.85 km
Year: 3480.7 km in 38 weeks at ave 91.6 km

Busy day at work, not much time to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Nothing to report, the river is now warm ? enough to stand in for 10 minutes without freezing.
I don't normally comment back on what is occasionally written to my previous stories. Yesterday I wrote about Katie. She will never run hills, loves the track and that is her running life. Good on her, I wish I had concentrated on the track, because that is my family history. It's where my two brothers made plenty of money in their 20's on the professional running scene.
I didn't start running until I was nearly 40 years old. Therefore, I found something else that I suits me.
Anyone that can find 11 courses suitable for monthly handicaps that are slightly down hill or flat, not on a bike path, smooth gravel surface without rocks, close to central Canberra, we don't like travelling, plenty of parking for 150 cars, big enough area for a start / finish line and won't cost the club $ 2 or more per head for use of the area, please contact me. Will look at anything.
Please don't take too seriously anything I write, it's not meant to be anything but light hearted fun.
Next year, there won't be much to comment about, you can only write so much about sand.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry Two Fruits. I think I took your comment about converting Katie to long, mountain running the wrong way. I think we do agree. As long as we are all out there running then we are all doing one form or other of the same thing. And of course running - long, short, track, road, hills, whatever - is so much better than any other form of exercise :)

    Have a great run tomorrow and apologies again.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At September 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

  • I'm thinking a point to point handicap using the gentle section on the Bulls Head road ;)

    By Blogger Ewen, At September 24, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home