Two Fruits

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy Does It

Today:
Distance: 8.8 km
Time:  49' 28"
Rate:  5' 38" per km
Weather; mostly sunny, temp 14 degrees, humidity 50%, wind NW 10 kmph
Week:  17.55 km, Aug: 176.5 km,  Year:  1522.45 km

Many, when returning to a bigger volume of running, do too much too soon. The risk of injury or sickness then becomes a lay off, that then leads to a repeat of the cycle.
During my last few months, I have at least done enough to maintain a low base. I am therefore trying to run consistently every day without increasing the distances by too much until I can be comfortable, and happy with where I am at. Just running 5-6 days a week will be good, time permitting.
Nothing again too exciting, the sun did shine after an overcast morning. Stopped in my tracks by 3 kangaroos that refused to get off the trail at Pine Is. After a few words of warning, and patience, one moved, the others followed.
Strewth, I work a night shift every 3rd week except in school holidays. So Tuesday group may see me more often. Tag along if you want a hill or two.



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home