Two Fruits

Monday, September 5, 2011

Urambi But Not The Hill

Today:
Distance:  13.2 km
Time: 79' 50"
Rate: 6' 03" per km
Weather: almost sunny, temp 18 degrees, humidity 55%, wind NW 20 kmph
Week: 13.2 km, Sept:  69.8 km, Year: 1592.25 km

I haven't been near Urambi Hills for a long time. Today I ventured in that direction, staying on the fire trail on the Learmonth Dr side ( old vet's handicap course) until I turned on to a rough track thru the open paddock on the western side.
Small problem here as the cattle that are supposed to eat the grass for fire prevention were resting. And not mooooving for me or any one else.
Carefully, and speaking nicely to them, I braved my way past, within a few metres of 100s of kgs of prime T bones & scotch fillets. Best to leave the meat inside the leather today. They were very friendly, unlike a couple of maggies who weren't having a good day.
Back to Pine Is via the track near the river, nice soft sand to run on, bugger I was wearing shoes.
Nice morning to be out today, I managed to run all the hills. Slowly each day is becoming a little easier, although not faster.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home