Two Fruits

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Food For Thought & Energy

Today:
Distance:  16.45 km
Time:  1 hr 39 mins 32 secs
Rate: 6' 03" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 20 degrees, humidity 40%, wind NW 25 kmph
Week:  24.9 km,  Jan & Year:  176.15 km

Me thinks Strewth might be right in some respects, I do need to learn how to cook and look after myself better. It's only when Mrs TF goes away on emergency trips that I need to do that.
Normally, both freezers are so full of prepared food, I could feed a football team. All I do is take something out to thaw during the day, lodge neatly in the microwave, mix up some spuds & bingo, all done. Even a small dessert may be found hidden somewhere.
I don't think a salad will get me far on a Saturday morning. I have enough problems getting enough carbos & protein intake every day, let alone eat rabbit food.
When I have to think about food preparation, there are other priorities, eg, work, sleep & running, not necessarily in that order.
Today, the week's weather forecast dictated my priorities this week. Today was Ok, so I ran. Tomorrow is forecast to be a bit average, so a running rest day. Instead, hit the gym for longer & make it worthwhile. Might just do the warm up and cool down outside instead of on the exercise bike inside.
That way, the kms will count, otherwise they don't. The Garmin doesn't register if you don't actually move.
The figures don't tell the full story about today. I ran from work down Lanyon Dr past the shops to the very end of southern Canberra houses at Gordon. Then, on the fire trail behind the Gordon houses back to Point Hut, the river track to Pine Is and back to work.
Easy enough heading south with a good breeze behind and reasonably flat, but the return was the opposite. A strong head wind plus a couple of nasty little hills slowed the pace down. I felt really good all the way. It's the clock that tells the lies, or half truths.
Ewen, I have thought about the club for a change, but have resisted so far.

1 Comments:

  • The order is running, sleep, work for me. She has you organised. Lucky bastard! Only problem with the club is I don't know if I could stop at two beers. Staggering back home I might walk 15 laps of the track out of habit.

    By Blogger Ewen, At January 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home