Two Fruits

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It Depends on The Weather

Today:
Distance:  21.2 km
Time:  1 hr 59 mins 55 secs
Rate: 5' 40" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 15 degrees, humidity 70%, wind strong cool southerly 30 kmph
Week; 50.45 km, March:  134.75 km,  Year:  971.05 km

I ran today as if the weather might turn nasty again & I wouldn't be able to get outdoors for the next 2 days.
I did intend to go to the top of Mt Taylor, but changed my mind when I arrived at the Athllon/Sulwood Dr roundabout. Instead, I ran on the flat of Sulwood Dr to the Tuggeranong Parkway.
However, it turned difficult after that. What had been a nice assisting wind was now directly in my face. And cold, a southerly with strength as I ran down Drakeford Dr past Kambah Village to the top of Lake Tuggeranong. Then a quick detour to Pine Is to check water level in the river. It has fallen considerably in recent days, but is still too dangerous to get anywhere near.
I needed to get some good distance done to have any chance at the 1000 kms before Saturday, no running as we will be travelling to Newcastle.
I should be able to get 30 kms done somehow in 2 days, weather permitting.

1 Comments:

  • Good run - sub 2 hour half marathon. I'm sure you'll get your runs in, just as CJ will get her 100th in this afternoon.

    Looks like 6' depends on the weather too :(

    By Blogger Ewen, At March 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home