Two Fruits

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ginn Was The Tonic

Today:
Distance:  10.00 km
Time:  51' 09"
Rate:  5' 07" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 20 degrees, humidity 95%, wind light NW  10 kmph
Week:  20.4 km,  Feb:  368.95 km,  Year:  825.00 km

Similar to yesterday at work, a long day with a lunch break at Belconnen. Studied the shift card as usual for any breaks plus how long did I get for lunch.
To get my minimum of 10 kms done, I had to be a little creative. That is, finish as early as possible before lunch break, and start back as late as possible afterwards. That gave me an hour and 15 minutes of usable time, but that had to include shower time. Eating is done slowly during the day, and with a couple of 10 minute breaks, a coffee or two could be slotted in there somewhere.
A bit of a hiccup on last service when a pretty college girl wanted to go to school instead of hanging around the shops and the mall. How dare she be smart enough to realise an education is good for you?
The pleasure was worth the extra time, she was very attractive.
Back to the running. President Jeff was running around Lake Ginninderra today in some handicap race. Apparently he ran well over the 7 kms of the circuit of the lake in 27 minutes plus and bit, good running in my book.
I started at the bus depot, down to the lake edge and clockwise around the bike paths. Not my favourite surface, ran on the grass when I could.
I passed thru the start/finish line where the bottles of wine were on the ground with a couple of officials protecting them. Obviously as I didn't meet the field, they were behind me.
A good solid run for me, 5 seconds a km faster than last night from home. Conditions were Ok, bit damp but no rain, mild temp was nice.
No great distance but it keeps the legs moving along.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home