Two Fruits

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Raining in Curtin

Today:
Purpose: Race day
Distance:  6.3 kms
Time:   29' 15"
Rate: 4' 38" per km
Plus warm up to mark short course 2.5 kms
Start group:  32
Finished: 33rd
Weather: cloudy, light drizzle before race start, temp 19 degrees, humidity 90%, wind calm

Week:  122.9 km,  Feb:  331.25 km  Year:  854.0 km

Woke this morning to the sound of rain in line with the forecast.. Very lucky as I arrived at run location in Curtin as the showers were easing and eventually stopped as I helped mark the short course.
The rain however must have been heavy as the drains were in flood and had covered the bike path under the road bridge on McCullough St.
Course had to be diverted as the path had been closed off, the red lights were flashing from under the bridge. A volunteer was found to stop our runners as they crossed the road when cars were near. A big thanks to George for doing this. No injuries or deaths reported.
Otherwise, the long course went in the opposite direction to that used previously. I think may be just a bit easier, but not much.
I felt I had a good run after yesterday's long effort, but I ran almost 2 minutes slower than last year.
Hit target for weekly kms. This week target is 135 kms, so need to take care to get there.
All good at this stage. A nice chance to catch up others I don't see very often. Not sure why Mrs Muscles isn't talking to me at the moment, very quiet.









3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home