Two Fruits

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Backing Up with Laps

Today:
Distance:  46.1 km
Time:4 hrs 34 mins 18 secs
Rate: 5' 57"  per km
Weather: sunny, cool, temp range 7-13 degrees, humidity 70% down to 50%, wind calm mostly then light breeze from NW 10 kmph

Week:  152.3 km,  June:  340.1 km,  Year:  2606.45 km

As I wrote in my last post, I backed up today with 5 laps of Isabella Plains on the grass edge of the bike paths.
Far too many others out either walking, cycling or exercising their dogs. Typical Sunday morning, but I needed to keep the terrain flat.
Overall time taken was around 6:30 hrs with breaks between each lap of just under 9 kms and taking around 50-55 minutes.
Last lap was a detoured to Pine Is as I needed to get these tired but not sore legs into the cold water.
And cold it is, so the usual 10-12 minutes is now 4x30 seconds with a minute out to ease the cold induced pain.
However, it does good, so it's worth the effort.
I think this week is the first time I've been over 150 kms and it was done with 1 rest day and 2 other days shortened by either rain or a few chores that needed to be done.
All good at this stage, wait to see how I am tomorrow. The first couple of days of the week will certainly be recovery mode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home