Two Fruits

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Gradual Return

Today:
Purpose:  easy & recover
Distance:   13.35 km
Time: 76' 35"
Rate:  5' 44" per km
Recovery: 8 minutes in river
Weather: sunny, temp 25 degrees, humidity 33%, wind light south 5 kmph

Week: 28.55 km,  Nov:  274.3 km,  Year:  4678.55 km

For a first time in my running career, I have been fighting some leg soreness.
This probably goes back to the Birdsville run, but I really don't know. I would say many kms at same regular stride pattern may have contributed.
A week or so ago, the  cold weather down in the Orroral valley certainly didn't help. I need to be warm all the time.
It's one of those linked problems, back, glutes, hammies & quads need to be in sync.
To solve this problem, I have been alternating warmed up running with cold water in the river, plus stretching.
Now, the river becomes part of the run first as well as last, trying to conn the legs into thinking they have finished for the day instead of starting. It helped today.
Although today, once home and getting busy, took away the second river visit. I'll fix that tomorrow.
Today was much more free than yesterday, and the day before. The km rate is slowly coming down from the pathetic 6' 30" pace of last Wednesday over just 4 kms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home