Two Fruits

Monday, March 17, 2014

Recovery Monday

Today:
Purpose:  easy recovery day
Distance:  12.05 km
Time:  69' 54"
Rate:  5' 48" per km
Weather:  sunny, temp 19 degrees, humidity 50%, wind NW 25 kmph

Week:  12.05 km,  March:  266.7 km,  Year: 922.45 km

I have just ready Hanny Allston's report on her SFT run, female winner & not far from race record time.
What that reinforced was the need to get all the basics right, enough training, enough rest, fuel & food intake correct for the event.
There is no substitute for heaps of training kms.
At this stage of my own preparation for my next outback long run, I'm a long way from a solid enough base. Let alone, put in some quality either in speed, still essential, or in endurance.
I still have in the back of my mind, the fact I developed a sore shin on day 2 of the Canberra Centenary trail run a few weekends ago. Last year at the Birdsville run, that happened on day 5 or 6 with about 150 kms to go, or about 350 kms into the run.
Today, an easy recovery day & so much better than previous Mondays doing the same.
I have 13 weeks to go until start day, time to get moving & work my way to a few weeks of 160 kms plus.
Better rejig the plan, the base is solid, I have no injuries, just Easter away on holiday's before time to taper. Last year's plan worked a treat, so that's what I'll do again. I need to focus.

2 Comments:

  • Hmmmmm .... I know Hanny and what she says and what she does are two different things. She needs to take more of her own advice - ie, rest more and EAT MORE.

    By Blogger Jog Blog, At March 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM  

  • How much speed do you need for an outback run? Who are you racing? I thought it was a jog.

    BTW, any chance you can mow the first 800m of the Rob Roy run? I don't want to get grass seeds in my socks.

    By Blogger Ewen, At March 20, 2014 at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home