Two Fruits

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Long & Hilly in 2015

Year so Far:

Distance:  78.35 km

Altitude gain:   2433 metres

While there have been only 4 days of the year, the focus has to be on long & hilly.
Basically, if I am to run this year injury free, then speed must decrease & endurance with strength must increase.
As this well be my last year in this ultra running game, I need to make it a good one.
First priority is the CBR 100 km in March, a hilly run along the Canberra Centenary Trail on the north side of the city. The organisers have included a walking section with a 36 hour time limit, so the easier part of the full 145 km trail has been marked as the course.
Second priority will then be some silly long outback run similar to what I did in 2013. Just where & when will depend on too many other outside factors including work & family.
If that doesn't come to fruition, then the 48 hour at Caboolture may be considered. I've done it before, as a lead up to my 2013 Birdsville run, but it's no where as interesting or challenging than running in the desert.
So at the moment, I need to maintain consistency with over 100 km weeks, then a ease back recovery week. Will be looking to some 130-140 km weeks as the months go by, before some bigger totals once the weather cools off into autumn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home