Two Fruits

Friday, April 13, 2007

A Day to Remember and Reflect

Today:
Distance: Nil

A scheduled rest day today ready for a long training run tomorrow.
It was 20 years ago today that my mother died a few years before I started running. I know she would have been happy to see I finally took after my younger brothers who both ran she was here, and still do. I played golf back in those days in Tassie with best handicap of 9 and really enjoyed it. Probably stayed in the clubhouse after the game too many times, but then golf is a very social game.
Running is a more solitary sport,out at odd hours of the day and night or when given half a chance to get away.I wouldn't say it is cheaper because we spend enough trying to stay healthy and injury free let alone the cost of gear, entry fees etc.
Doesn't matter what you play or do,just being able to do it is reward enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home