Two Fruits

Monday, May 26, 2008

A Lap of Lake G

Today:
Distance: 9.15 km
Time: 45' 14"
Rate: 4' 56" per km
Weather: cloudy, temp 15 degrees, humidity 70%, wind calm
Week: 23.55 km
May: 321.95 km
Year: 2056.6 km

I used to feel sorry for those that lived on the " dark" side and had to run around Lake Ginninderra because there is no where else to run, except through the suburbs. Well, there is an answer, move .
I had a meal break at Belconnen today so I took the opportunity to run a lap of the lake. Previously, many years ago when I also mealed over there, I had time to head to the Aranda bushland and towards the base of Black Mountain. Sometimes, I went towards Mt Painter where at least there is a bit of up hill and variety.
Not much time today so the lake would be the scenic tour. I ran as best I could on the grassy edge of the bike path, so flat in fact I ran without trying too hard, under 5 min per km pace.
Something different, but glad we live on the south side, aren't we Ewen.

2 Comments:

  • Please note the silence from Ewen!! Nothing wrong with us northsiders! We have some of your favourite hills too, like Mt Ainslie, Mt Majura etc and I'm sure our weather's warmer!! LOL

    By Blogger strewth, At May 28, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

  • Silence is golden - just like the sun which is always shining on the south side.

    We're lucky alright - great trails close to home and the best grass track in Canberra! :)

    By Blogger Ewen, At May 31, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home