Two Fruits

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What About The Wind

Today:
Distance: 18.05 km
Time: 1 hr 44 mins 31 secs
Rate: 5' 47" per km
Weather: cloudy, light drizzle to start then fine, temp about 10 degrees, humidity about 80%, strong WNW wind up to 40 kmph
Week: 55.5 km
July: 18.05 km
Year: 2578.3 km

Winter returned today so the start was delayed hoping for an improvement in the weather. One of the driver's at work kindly lent me a spray jacket so there then no excuse not to get out and brave the elements.
Terrible weather for running mid morning with a low temperature, light drizzle falling and a very strong wind blowing. Deciding on a course to run, I headed into the wind first hoping for some assistance on the way back.
That meant going north, so towards Urambi Hills I went, over the old monthly handicap track around the base. At Gleneagles I finally turned south with the wind behind. Picked up the pace easily as the running into the wind was at barely going forward pace.
Over the rocks at Tuggie Creek and following the track beside the river past Pine Is to a small bridge close to Point Hut. I again crossed open paddocks as I was head down and battling the wind trying to keep the cap on.
A tough day out, using the wind as a kind of hill training session.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Two Fruits. Yep the wind was a problem. I went for a my night run and I seemed to have a head wind the whole time.
    Not sure what you intentions are for the Saturday long run. Leave a comment on my blog and I'll get back to you.

    By Blogger softshoeshuffle, At July 2, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home