Two Fruits

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Head Over Heart

Today:
Distance: 12.75 km
Time: 72' 14"
Rate: 5' 40" per km
Weather: sun/cloud, temp 19 degrees, humidity 70%, NW wind at 20 kmph
Week: 57.45 km
Oct: 30.25 km
Year: 3695.65 km

You can get a lot of thinking done while you are out running. Today I decided to run the Bull's Head Challenge instead of doing the full Brindabella Classic. At the moment I don't feel as though a 27 km up hill run from the Cotter to Bull's Head and return will do my chances of finishing C2K in December any good. Run number 13 in Brindie will have to wait another year.
Recovery is going well, there is not much pace in the legs but I can keep moving Ok. Pushing out 54 kms in 2 weeks time may put me back when I should be going forward. Coach Martin said way back in Dec last year to treat Brindie as either a very slow training run or don't do it at all. I will compromise and go half way, the downhill 2nd half.
As well, I have never done the second half from Bull's Head down to the finish in any fresh state. It will be interesting to see if I can still run out of Vanity's Crossing or whether I walk as usual.
After good steady last night, I waited until the sun came out in the afternoon to do the circuit of Tuggeranong Hill. Managed to run nearly all the way, just a few walk steps up an incline on the Conder side. Also the longest I have been in the 3 weeks since GH, felt Ok. Maybe a bit longer tomorrow, but a flatter run, hopefully a bit faster again.
Ewen, what GPS will you buy when you upgrade? The problem is the more functions, the less battery life before recharging. Do I need everybit of technology available? Maybe just distance, time, altitude, rate, laps, map, download to PC. I have never used most of the other functions, virtual training partner, return to start etc.

1 Comments:

  • I think I'll get the 205. I think it's the same as the 305, but without the HR monitor. I have a dedicated HRM, and am used to wearing two watches.

    I think it's more accurate than the 201 (the tracking of laps of the track for instance looks better, with less 'short cuts'). Only disadvantage over the 201 is smaller numbers on the screen.

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home