Two Fruits

Friday, October 3, 2008

Still No GPS

Today:
Distance: 8.5 km
Time: 47' 21"
Rate: 5' 34" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 28 degrees, humidity 28%, NW wind at 40 kmph
Week: 44.7 km
Oct: 17.5 km
Year: 3682.9 km

While on the Gold Coast, the Garmin decided to stop. I first thought I may have dunked the GPS in the salt water, but the guys at JohnnyAppleseed said no. Seemed like anything over a couple of years old is past it's used by date and well out of warranty. So I left it with them and so far no word back from Garmin. All I want is news that it is either fixable or not. If not, I will buy another one. It is very strange to run now just with a stop watch.
That also means to gain a reasonably accurate distance, I need to run over previously measured courses which I have plenty of them. At the moment I can't go exploring.
A very nice but windy day, running with a tail breeze from work to home for lunch. Easy running down by the river to Pine Is, along to Point Hut and up through Gordon.
Weekend running will depend on the weather, showers forecast and much cooler.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Two Fruits, Garmin are slow and unreliable as you know I found out. You will have to keep ringing them. Be prepared for a long wait on hold each time you do.

    In the meantime I am happy for you to borrow my 101. You can't download to you PC but at least you will have the option to do other runs. Just leave a comment on either blog or give me a call.

    By Blogger softshoeshuffle, At October 3, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

  • I think my Forerunner has finally carked it. The other day it was continually flashing between screens. Might be time for an upgrade, but like you, back to the familiar courses.

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 4, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home