Two Fruits

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Saturday's Run Revisited

Today:
Distance: 12.75 km
Time: 70' 02"
Rate: 5' 30" per km
Weather: late afternoon, sunny, temp 17 degrees, humidity 30%, wind light northerly at 5 kmph
Week: 48.8 km
Oct: 79.05 km
Year: 3744.45 km

Left for a run late in the afternoon as we had been out for lunch and stayed a little longer than expected. Still good running conditions with sunny skies and little to no breeze. I had a plan A and plan B today. First, if the Calwell oval was empty I would just do a few laps and run back home. But the sprinters were preparing for a training sessions so I continued on a did the loop around the back of Tuggeranong Hill.
I could have stayed at the oval but the little kids would have showed me up for sure. There is no speed in my legs at the moment. I actually had a thought of turning around and going home, not inspired at all. However, on the second park, a fellow workmate had his kids playing and he had a golf stick in his hand for a bit of practice to his game. Stopped for a brief chat, then off towhere I meet softshoeshuffle on the track above Conder. Another stop for a chat, very lucky, needed the rest. Confirmed arrangements for Saturday at the Orroral Valley run and discussed recovery from injuries.
The run was the same as last Saturday, but just over two minutes quicker, probably due to the rest stops. It didn't feel very free and easy, lingering tiredness still not gone. Slowly returning to normal.
Entered the Bull's Head Challenge on Brindabella Classic day on the 19th, first time I will have done it as a stand alone event. It has always been the 2nd part of the BC run over the past decade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home