Two Fruits

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Love of Running

Today:
Distance: 15.05 km
Time: 81' 48"
Rate: 5' 26" per km
Weather: sunny, temp 17 degrees, humidity 25%, NW wind at 25 kmph
Week: 36.05 km
Oct: 66.3 km
Year: 3731.7 km

Just as I was about to head out the door, the phone rang so I waited to find out if the phone call was for me. More often, no mostly it's not, so I don't even answer the phone when it rings. But this time it was for me, it was Kerrie Bremner lodging a verbal early entry for Saturday's Orroral Valley run. She's doing the 32 km event of course as she has made the Australian team for World 100 km championships in Italy in Nov.
A brilliant run on the Gold Coast at the Aust champs in June has helped her make the team, plus some good coaching from Martin Fryer and she will hopefully do well in a few weeks time.
Inspired, away I went around noon, the sun had warmed the air to a nice spring day. Still staying on known distance courses, I went down Woodcock Dr towards Bonython, Pine Is top car park, back along the river's edge to Point Hut. Stopped for 10 minutes to stand in the river with plenty of water with the snow melt from the mountains. Then back home at a leisurely pace. Good run, very enjoyable day.
A bit longer at the same slow pace, but feeling much better than a week ago. Kerrie mentioned that some of the runners from the Glasshouse run, still less than 4 weeks ago have just kept going. Eagle has ran 2 marathons since then, and Milov has ran the Adelaide 24 hours covering over 200 km. Buggered if I know how they do it.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Two Fruits, I'm not sure that I'll be running any distance at Orroral, even tho my foot has improved markedly over the last few days, but I'm happy to lend a hand if you need helpers. Just let me know.

    By Blogger softshoeshuffle, At October 8, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

  • Eagle is running the Melbourne marathon this weekend too!

    I'll be down there for the 10k, so maybe next week for the DVD.

    By Blogger Ewen, At October 8, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home